OK, so we all know that the people who tend to do best when playing at a Casino are the super-genius maths geeks as they’re pros at calculating the odds and counting the cards. To us mere mortals it can sometimes look like magic but, honestly, there are skills that we can all learn to improve our winning chances at the Casino.
The most important maths to learn when Casino gaming, is that the Casino has the edge. This means that although we might be more likely to win in the short term, in the long run we become more and more likely to lose overall. By understanding the law of averages we can seriously increase our success rate when gambling.
First off, let’s take a look at the Casino games that rely heavily on lucky: Slots and Roulette. To optimise your winning chances here you need to understand that the law of averages will dictate that the more times you play, the closer you will get to equalling the payout percentage. That means that although you may do well at first in these games, if you played for an infinite amount of time, you would lose. That doesn’t mean, however, that you can’t win. The best way to win at either of these Casino games is to play a Progressive version of the game, as the potential reward if you hit the massive Jackpot will be more than you will have spent.
Casino games of skill such as Blackjack and Poker, on the other hand, require a very strategic game plan. The odds of winning on any hand can vary and the best players are able to calculate, at speed, their odds of winning, and therefore the actions they need to take. If the odds look good then they can increase the wagering amount, for example, whereas if the hand is unlikely to win, they can fold. Some versions of online Casino Blackjack offer players the chance to ‘surrender’, which allows you to back out of a hand whilst still keeping some of your initial stake.
Put your maths skills to the test today at top online Casino Betway and claim a £/$/€1,000 Welcome Bonus when you join.
Latest casino news
- Play NEW Raging Rhino Slot at Bet365 Casino
Mon, 2014-08-04 by Martin Anderson
- Unibet Mobile Casino Games Promotion
Thu, 2014-07-24 by Martin Anderson
- Lucky Player Wins Huge 160,000 Hall of Gods Slot Jackpot
Thu, 2014-07-17 by Martin Anderson
- 888 Casino to review Luis Suarez Sponsorship after the Bite
Fri, 2014-07-04 by Martin Anderson
- What is the Difference Between Playtech and Microgaming Software?
Fri, 2014-06-20 by Martin Anderson
- Casino Tricks Revealed: the Maths behind the Magic
Wed, 2014-06-04 by Martin Anderson
- NextGen Launches Magical New Merlin’s Magic Respins Slot
Mon, 2014-05-26 by Martin Anderson
- Social Gaming Market Expected to Grow to $17.4 Billion by 2019
Thu, 2014-05-15 by Martin Anderson
- The Best Blackjack Books to Improve Your Strategy
Thu, 2014-05-08 by Martin Anderson
- Free Spins on Aliens Slot at Unibet Online Casino
Fri, 2014-05-02 by Martin Anderson
Latest casino articles
- Online gaming – Where to play?
Thu, 2011-11-10 by Evan
- Canadian Slots
Fri, 2011-09-09 by Beth
- Online Casino Bonus Games
Tue, 2010-08-17 by Beth
- Scatter Symbols for Online Slots
Tue, 2010-07-27 by Gary
- Online Slot Machine Paylines
Tue, 2010-07-27 by Evan
- The Most Popular Microgaming Slots
Tue, 2010-07-13 by Beth
- Online Slots Series: Tomb Raider
Fri, 2010-06-25 by Evan
- Downside of Progressive Slots
Fri, 2010-06-18 by Gary
- Football-Themed Slot Machines
Fri, 2010-06-04 by Beth
- Using Betting Systems While Playing At Online Casinos
Fri, 2010-05-21 by Beth